It’s “What to Wear” week on the blog! I’ve compiled my best tips to help you look you best for your maternity, hospital and newborn photo sessions!
Earlier this week I posted suggestions for mamas for a gorgeous hospital session – today, it’s all about your newborn. This is a pretty short list of tips since new babies are adorable with very little help!
Here are simple tips for baby to guarantee a lovely hospital session:
- That signature pink and blue hospital blanket plays a big part in your hospital photo session! Your hospital will probably also have tiny blue and pink hats to help keep baby warm and comfy. We’ll definitely get some shots using these items. If you have a special blanket or wrap you want baby photographed in, bring it! This is a great time to show off those monogrammed or embroidered items from grandparents.
- Most hospitals supply tiny white t-shirts or onesies for baby to wear. I adore the simplicity of babies in white, especially because it doesn’t distract from their precious little features. You definitely don’t have to pack an outfit for baby, unless there is something special you want your son or daughter to wear. If you pack an outfit, keep it super simple! Save the busy prints and patterns for baby’s first few days at home.
- Baby will be swaddled for some photos, but I also like to get some shots of those tiny feet, fingers, eyelashes, etc, so we’ll gently remove baby’s swaddle for these photos.
- I have beautiful infant wraps for boys and girls, along with tiny hats and headbands that we can use if you’d like! This is a great option if you forget to pack items for baby, or if you go into labor so quickly you don’t have time to grab your own things.
- I typically don’t plan for a lot of outfit changes for newborns. They just want to cuddle with you and don’t really like to bed messed with after the hard work of labor and delivery. Bring one outfit if you’d like, along with one special wrap or blanket. That’s really all you need.
This list is a short sampling of the tips I have included in my Fresh48 Style Guide, which includes photos, details and other essential information for the perfect hospital photo session. After we book your session, your personalized Fresh48 Style Guide will arrive via email, and it will make planning your session a piece of cake!
After three kiddos of my own and lots of hospital and newborn sessions, I am an expert at swaddling babies! Newborns are so sweet all wrapped up like little burritos – and I can’t wait to meet your tiny bundle!