What to wear week is wrapping up! Today I’m sharing tips for dads and siblings at the same time, since these tips are pretty similar to what I suggest for hospital sessions.
- Select your outfit first. Once you know what colors you’re wearing, make sure dad compliments you. For example, if you’re planning on a black nursing cami, I suggest a shirt in white, ivory or gray for your husband.
- Polos, henleys or short-sleeved button down shirts look great and effortless for new dads. Avoid patterns (this means no plaids or stripes) since this takes attention away from your newborn. Opt for solid colors instead, which is timeless and polished.
- Pro-tip: Go to Old Navy or Target and pick up an earth-toned solid color cotton Polo shirt for your husband. Neither of you has to spend another second thinking about what he’ll wear for photos!
- Nice jeans or well-kept shorts work best for husbands. Please avoid wrinkles, rips and tears! Your photos will look much better and he’ll look put together.
- For toddlers and young children, plan for comfort first. Kids hate fussy clothes that they can’t move around in. Nice play clothes are great – and this is another great opportunity for “Big brother” or “Big sister” shirts.
- Oftentimes dads will sneak away with older kids for a snack while I spend time with mom and baby. Have a backup outfit ready to go in case of spills or stains during your session.
And there you have it – all my what to wear tips for beautiful photos you’ll hang on your walls for years to come! If you missed a day or two, everything is posted on the blog – and if you have questions, I’m just an email away!
The tips (plus many more details, tips, tricks and photos!) featured in my “What to Wear” week posts are available in one super convenient Style Guide once you book your session! You will have all the information you need for gorgeous images that you’re family will treasure forever.